GREENVILLE - The North Carolina Department of Transportation has awarded a contract to replace the bridge on Old River Road over Johnson's Mill Run in Pitt County.
The $1 million contract was awarded to the T.A. Loving Company of Goldsboro.
This is one of 22 contracts totaling $67.1 million awarded by Conti in November for highway and bridge projects across the state.
T.A. Loving can begin work as early as Monday, December 31 with final completion scheduled for no later than Wednesday, August 28, 2013.
The company can continue planting, reforestation, and vegetation establishment work through Monday, February 24, 2014.
- New New Bern Police arrest man in early-morning shooting
- New Report of rabies reported in Cape Carteret
- Updated White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials
- New Response to drug activity leads to arrest
- Caught on video: Plane's landing gear collapses in Amsterdam