GREENVILLE - The North Carolina Department of Transportation has awarded a contract to replace the bridge on Old River Road over Johnson's Mill Run in Pitt County.
The $1 million contract was awarded to the T.A. Loving Company of Goldsboro.
This is one of 22 contracts totaling $67.1 million awarded by Conti in November for highway and bridge projects across the state.
T.A. Loving can begin work as early as Monday, December 31 with final completion scheduled for no later than Wednesday, August 28, 2013.
The company can continue planting, reforestation, and vegetation establishment work through Monday, February 24, 2014.
- Updated Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response