AYDEN, PITT COUNTY - Police said they are investigating a shooting in Ayden Wednesday evening.
Ayden Police Chief Barry Stanley said the police department was contacted by the Vidant Medical Center Police Department after 6:00 p.m. about a man who walked into the Emergency Department suffering from a gunshot wound to the arm.
The victim has been identified as 27-year-old Decarlos Rashad Hines, Chief Stanley said. The wound was under Hines' right arm near the shoulder.
Chief Stanley said Hines was uncooperative with investigators and would not say where the incident occurred or why it occurred.
NewsChannel 12 is working to learn more.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says