AYDEN, PITT COUNTY - Police said they are investigating a shooting in Ayden Wednesday evening.
Ayden Police Chief Barry Stanley said the police department was contacted by the Vidant Medical Center Police Department after 6:00 p.m. about a man who walked into the Emergency Department suffering from a gunshot wound to the arm.
The victim has been identified as 27-year-old Decarlos Rashad Hines, Chief Stanley said. The wound was under Hines' right arm near the shoulder.
Chief Stanley said Hines was uncooperative with investigators and would not say where the incident occurred or why it occurred.
NewsChannel 12 is working to learn more.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today