ROCKY MOUNT - The northboud lanes of Interstate 95 in North Carolina were closed into Thursday morning following a fiery crash involving three tractor-trailer and three other vehicles.
The wreck occurred around 10 p.m. Wednesday night inside the Rocky Mount city limits at mile marker 137. Spokeswoman Tameka Kenan-Norman said a tractor-trailer carrying used cooking oil caught fire. Kenan-Norman said the fire was extinguished by 11 p.m.
Kenan-Norman said at least two people were injured with one of them transported to the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill. That person later died of injuries sustained in that wreck.
- Updated Reports: Leaders of Oregon standoff acquitted
- Updated LAPD: Suspect in custody over Donald Trump's Hollywood star vandalism
- Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
- Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew