SOUTHPORT, N.C. - Authorities say one person was killed and three injured after a boat hit a platform near a marina in Southport.
The Coast Guard said it got a call around 9 p.m. Saturday about the crash of the 20-foot pleasure craft.
Another boat rescued one person in the water, and a Coast Guard boat was able to rescue three people who were on the platform.
One of the people rescued died a short time later at a Wilmington hospital. The names of the dead or injured have not been released and it is not clear whether the person who later died was on the platform or in the water.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill
- Updated Verizon to test 5G in 11 cities
- Updated Astronomers discover 7 Earth-sized planets orbiting nearby star