WARSAW, DUPLIN COUNTY - A fire department in Duplin County has received $1.3 million in federal funds to build a new station.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development awarded the money to the Warsaw Fire Department, which will use the funds to build a new 11,325-square-foot station, U.S. Rep. Mike McIntyre announced Monday.
The building will feature four bays for emergency response equipment, offices, a kitchen and restrooms.
"Helping our rural communities have the infrastructure they need to protect citizens and businesses is a top priority," said Congressman McIntyre. "These federal funds will be a big boost to the Town of Warsaw and their fire department."
The money comes in the form of a $1.25 million low-interest loan and a $50,000 grant, said McIntyre.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month