UNITED STATES - HOCKING HOSTESS: Hostess Brands Inc. got final approval in bankruptcy court for plans to wind down, a process that includes the sale of its brands and the loss of about 18,000 jobs.
BONUS BUCKS: The judge approved bonus pay totaling up to $1.8 million for 19 executives. The company says the incentives are needed to keep them on board for the liquidation process, expected to take about a year.
SNACK CAKE FUTURE: An investment banker for Hostess said in court that the company is in talks with 110 potential buyers. He said interest in Hostess brands has been enormous.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals