UNITED STATES - HOCKING HOSTESS: Hostess Brands Inc. got final approval in bankruptcy court for plans to wind down, a process that includes the sale of its brands and the loss of about 18,000 jobs.
BONUS BUCKS: The judge approved bonus pay totaling up to $1.8 million for 19 executives. The company says the incentives are needed to keep them on board for the liquidation process, expected to take about a year.
SNACK CAKE FUTURE: An investment banker for Hostess said in court that the company is in talks with 110 potential buyers. He said interest in Hostess brands has been enormous.
- Updated Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Updated Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball
- Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- A local family's battle with addiction