RALEIGH - (AP) -Pat McCrory's victory in the North Carolina governor's race last week is likely to help him strike it big at a meeting of current and new GOP chief executives.
McCrory is scheduled to be in Las Vegas starting Wednesday for the Republican Governors Association annual meeting that goes through Friday.
The former Charlotte mayor was the only GOP candidate for chief executive nationally who took over a seat currently held by a Democrat on Election Day. McCrory beat Democrat Walter Dalton by more than 11 percentage points.
Republican candidates failed to flip seats in Montana and New Hampshire, but the GOP now holds 30 governorships, the most for the party since 2000.
McCrory has been appearing on national cable television shows in the days following his victory.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth