CAPE HATTERAS - (AP) - Tickets for full moon tours of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse are expected to sell out quickly when sales begin this week.
Ticket sales begin Thursday at the lighthouse ticket booth. Tickets are limited to the first 60 people and must be purchased in person.
Two tours will be held, at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday. Each tour is limited to 30 people.
Climbers must bring a hand-held flashlight with fresh batteries because the lighthouse has no lights inside. Climbers must also be healthy enough to navigate the lighthouse's 257 stairs.
Park rangers will describe the duties of the lighthouse keeper, and visitors will be able to see the beacon in the watch room. Weather permitting, climbers will go out on the balcony for a look at the moon.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race