KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police say they are investigating how a vehicle hit a 13-year-old girl in Kinston.
According to the Kinston Department of Public Safety, officers responded to the area of Hill Farm Road and Joan Drive at about 8:47 p.m. Monday.
When they arrived, they found a 13-year-old girl who was hit by a vehicle while trying to cross Hill Farm Road. The vehicle was traveling north on Hill Farm Road when it struck the victim, police said.
The 13-year-old girl was conscious and alert following the collision, said investigators. She was taken Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, but her name and condition have not been released.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal