KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Police say they are investigating how a vehicle hit a 13-year-old girl in Kinston.
According to the Kinston Department of Public Safety, officers responded to the area of Hill Farm Road and Joan Drive at about 8:47 p.m. Monday.
When they arrived, they found a 13-year-old girl who was hit by a vehicle while trying to cross Hill Farm Road. The vehicle was traveling north on Hill Farm Road when it struck the victim, police said.
The 13-year-old girl was conscious and alert following the collision, said investigators. She was taken Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, but her name and condition have not been released.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Jimmy Choo's stock is spiking. Here's why
- Updated 'The Rock' is Hollywood's highest paid actor
- Updated Hillary Clinton's California swing yields $19 million in 72 hours
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved