European grocery chain Lidl is opening its first five North Carolina locations Thursday, including two in eastern North Carolina.
Lidl locations at Kinston (4050 W. Vernon Ave.) and Greenville (1800 E. Fire Tower Road) will take part in the simultaneous ribbon cutting at all five locations at 7:40 a.m. as part of a four-day grand opening celebration. In total, Lidl is opening nine stores in the U.S. today.
“We are extremely excited to open our first five stores in North Carolina on June 15,” said Brendan Proctor, President and CEO of Lidl US. “Lidl is grocery shopping retooled and refreshed, and we are looking forward to opening our doors in communities across the state in a few short weeks."
The first 100 customers to arrive at each store get a wooden coin which gives them a chance to win up to 100 in Lidl gift cards. There will be a variety of special deals and offers going on for the four-day grand opening.
Stores will be open seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Poll: Many don't want to talk politics this Thanksgiving
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover