GREENVILLE, Pitt County - After what will be 15 years at the helm, Pitt Community College President G. Dennis Massey will step down at the end of the current school year.
Massey is only the fourth president in the college's 56-year history. He succeeded Charles Russell in 2003.
Under Massey's leadership, PCC has nearly doubled the physical size of its main campus, expanded extended learning opportunities, worked with businesses to train future employees and more.
“I have been proud to lead a talented group of faculty and staff at PCC,” Massey said. “Together, we have built upon a solid foundation of quality education geared to community and regional needs. It has truly been fulfilling work.”
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures