Position/Title: Sales: General Sales Manager
Details: Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WCTI/WYDO News Channel 12 (ABC and Fox), in New Bern, NC, is looking for a strong Director of Sales to help guide our local and national sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a local sales team in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/4/2017
City: New Bern
State: North Carolina
In this position you will:
• Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the stations' revenue share
• Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel
• Manage sales for the station, including local, national, new business television and digital interactive revenue stream
• Train sales team to sell products and services via digital solutions and mobile marketing
• Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
• Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
• Work with the Creative Services department to create sales opportunities
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include exceeding revenue goals, forecasting, inventory control and pricing, sales promotion, development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with OSI a plus!
• 3-5 years experience in TV sales management
• Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
• Ability to grow revenue through digital interactive and other approaches
• Strong and positive leadership skills
• Highly skilled leader, negotiator, and motivator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OSI or WideOrbit preferred
• A proven track record of new business success is a must
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
- Law enforcement making sure people are buckled up during holiday travel
- Thanksgiving holiday set to be busiest travel week in decade
- Local donation drive aims to help veterans in need as winter approaches
- Local fire destroys Carteret family home
- State House Rep. Susan Martin says she won't seek re-election