Monday, the Richard Burr campaign released its latest television ad for the general election titled "Priorities." The ad says, "We need leaders who care about the things we care about: family, a job, security, a better future. Someone who understands each generation should provide greater opportunities for the next. A leader like Richard Burr. Richard knows high taxes and debt threaten our future. Richard is working to cut spending, to limit government control over our lives and to make America stronger. This November, let your voice be heard by voting for Richard Burr and putting America back on the right track."
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend