Keep your loved ones safe behind the wheel
(NewsUSA) - Be Mine. Kiss Me. I'm Yours. Sometimes short and sweet is the best way to send a message to your loved ones. With Valentine's Day right around the corner, Firestone Complete Auto Care suggests sharing the following messages with friends and family:
- Be Proactive. It is important to be proactive when it comes to your vehicle's maintenance and personal safety. Make sure to have your vehicle serviced and oil changed per the vehicle manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule. Also, be prepared for winter weather by storing the following in your vehicle: a properly inflated spare tire, ice scraper, flashlight, blanket, bottled water, snacks, any necessary medication and a cell phone with a car charger.
- Tire Pressure. Check your tire pressure weekly. As the temperature outside drops, the air inside a tire contracts, dropping the tire's air pressure. A tire's PSI (pound per square inch) can drop one pound for every 10-degree drop in temperature.
- Fill Up. In cold weather, it is helpful to keep the gas tank at least half full at all times. The additional gasoline will prevent moisture from freezing your fuel line and will add more weight to the vehicle, which will help increase traction on the road.
- Slow Down. Be prepared -- stopping on wet roads can take up to four times the normal braking distance. Slow down in wet weather to improve traction.
- Buckle up. The seatbelt is the only thing that is holding you back in the event of an accident. Make sure your loved ones are protected by reminding them to fasten their safety belts.
Nothing says "true love" like ensuring your loved ones' safety behind the wheel.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.