JAMES CITY, Craven County - We are learning information tonight about a man struck by a vehicle in James City.
Police were dispatched to the intersection of Howell Road and Billy Drive around 8:30 p.m. Scanner reports had a male struck by a vehicle. Police were searching for the vehicle. A couple of roads, including Howell Road, was blocked off in the vicinity of the accident.
Highway Patrol trooper Blake Riggs told NewsChannel 12 a male driving an SUV struck a male pedestrian who was wearing dark clothing and walking in the eastbound lane of Howell Road. The pedestrian was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville with injuries. The extent of his injuries and his overall condition are unknown at this time.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law