JAMES CITY, Craven County - We are learning information tonight about a man struck by a vehicle in James City.
Police were dispatched to the intersection of Howell Road and Billy Drive around 8:30 p.m. Scanner reports had a male struck by a vehicle. Police were searching for the vehicle. A couple of roads, including Howell Road, was blocked off in the vicinity of the accident.
Highway Patrol trooper Blake Riggs told NewsChannel 12 a male driving an SUV struck a male pedestrian who was wearing dark clothing and walking in the eastbound lane of Howell Road. The pedestrian was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville with injuries. The extent of his injuries and his overall condition are unknown at this time.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend